Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Transform - Create - Inspire!

DSC_0007
We have had such an amazing response of support for this project, especially from those who can relate to the struggle of loss brought on by a chronic illness.

Here is what some people are saying:

"I think there's something very magical about going beyond words to the more holistic realm - the truest images come to us almost like a dream - I believe I started the process [of imagery] by painting my feelings and getting the bleck down on paper - then began to search for a more positive image of myself and that's when the bird happened. I put it up on the wall of the room I was staying in - it was obvious to everyone it was like my totem image - that was in 1993 - it took 17 years before that bird could fly, so to speak."

"I am an artist whose Lyme, finally diagnosed in 2007, terminated the identity I had forged over 35 years of making and exhibiting my art. We are explorers of an unknown and unwelcome new existence in which there is no certainty, no prospects for a solution, no clear way of being, just like our lives before we were taken ill, but without the illusions... The only thing we know for sure is that the people we were before Lyme are now gone forever, just as much as our first date. The gift here is to lose all that we thought we were, leaving us as the naked observer, perhaps gaining greater access to the "God-flow" you reference in your writing."

"I just finished reading your story and am in tears. I too have had severe chronic Lyme symptoms for the last 6 years. I used to be an athlete, and have essentially gone through the exact same thing. Your words were touching. I just wanted to thank you for sharing your story. What you are doing is truly inspirational. Keep fighting. I hope your life gets easier."

"What a performance!! You are both dancer and poet. In my youth I did modern dance for a few years. It altered the way I see and feel the world forever. I wish my teacher, who was once a student of an Isadora Duncan protégé and who also taught English, were still alive to see your work. It is wonderful and a spectacular form through which to speak out for all of us. You have inspired me to start walking regularly as that is when I am most reminded not to feel my body as my enemy but as my vessel. Kinesthetically yours."


If you know of anyone else who may be inspired by the story and our film, please pass on the film and Kickstarter information to them. We have NINE MORE HOURS to continue receiving Kickstarter donations.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1285660629/fruition-of-forms-of-identification

We are eternally grateful to all of you who have supported our efforts and this project so far – we literally couldn’t finish it and fulfill our dream without you.

Thanks again and we can’t wait to see you at our screening next year!

With warmth and gratitude,
Jessica and Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment